5 tips for sustainable digital print
More clients are asking us for environmentally-friendly solutions and the industry is stepping up. Here are our 5 top tips for making your digital print a little more sustainable…
1. Choose carbon balanced paper – most suppliers are involved with carbon offsetting projects in one way or another. Fedrigoni distributes carbon balanced paper which helps the World Land Trust to preserve endangered forestry. Likewise, we are part of the Carbon Capture plan in conjunction with Premier Paper Group, so every time we purchase paper, more trees are planted by The Woodland Trust.
2. Consider recycled paper – Paperback Paper has built its entire business around recycled paper, and take it from us, there’s no compromise on quality. And, did you know, there’s at least five used disposable coffee cups in one sheet of G.F Smith’s sublime ‘Extract’ 380gsm paper?
3. Think ink – what happens to ink cartridges and imaging oil when we’re finished with them, do they go to landfill? Not on our watch. We use HP Indigo’s Take Back programme where these waste materials are collected from our site and reused.
4. Zero waste to landfill – everyone loves a nice shiny finish, but at what cost to our planet? We can’t get enough of Foilco’s ZeroFoil2Landfill scheme where all our unavoidable foil waste is collected and transformed into sustainable energy.
5. Don’t over order – it’s all too tempting to round-up or even feel you’re getting a better deal if you order more. You’re not. With digital print, once everything’s been set-up, you get what you pay for. What’s more, paper suppliers have gotten wise and many offer split packs – so there’s genuinely no reason for wasted print in this day-and-age.
Please let us know if you’re aware of other environmentally friendly schemes or green print tips. We’re all ears.< Back to Blog